Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DGEX.com the NXT <-> BTC automated exchange  (Read 9686 times)

Offline Graviton

• Administrator
  • Senior Nxter
  • Dominus Cryptonomicon
    • View Profile
    • DGEX
DGEX.com the NXT <-> BTC automated exchange
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
This thread shall function as a support & information thread for the DGEX.com exchange.

Latest market data for non-members can be viewed at

http://dgex.com/trading.cgi

There is a API ticker of latest trades updated every minute at:

http://dgex.com/API/trades.json

NOTE: On thinly traded markets some parties may attempt to manipulate the market rate at any moment. Don't just assume what you are seeing is the fair market price. Ask around in the boards or follow the situation for a while before engaging in trading for the first time!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:16:44 AM by Graviton »
DGEX.com operator :: Nextcoin.org founder

Offline sammrr

• Fresh Nxter
    • View Profile
Re: DGEX.com the NXT <-> BTC automated exchange
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
I know there are NXT issues at the moment, but I also have some BTC I'd like to withdraw - could you allow BTC withdraw requests to go through while NXT is pending? At the moment my BTC is stuck there because I have a pending NXT withdrawal that I can't cancel

Offline Graviton

• Administrator
  • Senior Nxter
  • Dominus Cryptonomicon
    • View Profile
    • DGEX
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »
Yes, working on it there are quite a few pending tx's in the list. Clearing up steadily now.

Offline northranger795

• Fresh Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:35:47 AM »
I think dgex.com should update its website or at least make withdrawal/deposits automatic. Although I am a customer of dgex and like their services so far, the site's shadiness looks would drive newcomers away.
Like us on Facebook!  https://www.facebook.com/NXTCryptocurrency
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/NXTCoin
Have a nice day!

Offline Drexme

• Established Nxter
  • My current job is to keep these forums in order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:06 AM »
I think dgex.com should update its website or at least make withdrawal/deposits automatic. Although I am a customer of dgex and like their services so far, the site's shadiness looks would drive newcomers away.

The owner of dgex works by himself. He comfirms payments manually. He's currently away. He lives in northern europe. I think he needs more employees. Also this is the forum created by him
Helpful Links: NXT Intro | What is NXT? | NXT Install Guide | NXT Giveaway NXT:2425939792559529496     http://doges.org

Offline TheFifty9Sound

• Fresh Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »
I cannot work out how to use this to save my life. I've entered my email, how do I get my password seems I don't have the option to create one when I sign up?

Offline Graviton

• Administrator
  • Senior Nxter
  • Dominus Cryptonomicon
    • View Profile
    • DGEX
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
I cannot work out how to use this to save my life. I've entered my email, how do I get my password seems I don't have the option to create one when I sign up?
You're being emailed the automatically generated password right after logging in. However it might not reach you due to spam filters etc. so it's important you change your password right after registration when you are automatically taken to the member account area.

Offline TheFifty9Sound

• Fresh Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
Regardless of what email I put in I get, "Error - our database shows you have already been registered."
I'm pretty sure this didn't happen the first time, but after a password never arrived in my inbox, junk or otherwise, I tried some other addresses which had definitely never been used. Any ideas?

Offline Graviton

• Administrator
  • Senior Nxter
  • Dominus Cryptonomicon
    • View Profile
    • DGEX
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 10:10:50 AM »
Regardless of what email I put in I get, "Error - our database shows you have already been registered."
I'm pretty sure this didn't happen the first time, but after a password never arrived in my inbox, junk or otherwise, I tried some other addresses which had definitely never been used. Any ideas?
Your IP address is prevented from making multiple accounts

Please try to recover your password through the link after trying to login, check your spam folder, if unsuccesful PM us your email address so we will remove your defunct account.

Offline Jean-Luc

• Original Stakeholders
  • Fresh Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »
Why isn't dgex.com run over https instead of plain http? And this forum too, both for security and for privacy.
BTC: 1NSaJp4zwM1deJ6MTbGBXtMZSGB2iMY1CA

Offline bitme

• Fresh Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 06:47:50 PM »
Would love to see some automation with Dgex, and a bit more security.  I don't like the idea of people buying and selling on forums as it's unregulated and hard to determine market rate.

Offline opticalc

• Global Moderator
  • Established Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »
Would love to see some automation with Dgex, and a bit more security.  I don't like the idea of people buying and selling on forums as it's unregulated and hard to determine market rate.

that would be welcome.  And not just that, but to provide an API out to coinmarketcap would be the second of 2 steps that needs to be accomplished before we will see NXT on coinmarketcap. The first is a solid block explorer with abe capability.

Offline Alias

• Nxter
  • Money be green
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »
that would be welcome.  And not just that, but to provide an API out to coinmarketcap would be the second of 2 steps that needs to be accomplished before we will see NXT on coinmarketcap. The first is a solid block explorer with abe capability.

We probably don't need the block explorer criteria for getting listed on coinmarketcap.com because we have a fixed supply of coins.

We might not even need the API. I just posted the following on Bitcointalk:

Dear Gliss,

If you could add our 2nd Generation Cryptocurrency - NXT - to www.coinmarketcap.com that would be greatly appreciated. nextcoin.org

NXT has a cap of 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) coins which will not change in the future. All 1 billion coins are in circulation - they have been distributed to initial investors and are being further distributed on the following exchange - www.dgex.com. (So you shouldn't need to access a NXT blockchain explorer to determine the number of coins in circulation).

You can get the last trade data from the following location - www.dgex.com/ticker.cgi

I hope this is sufficient information to include us.

And thank you, you are providing a fantastic service.
Rome wasn't built in a day! NXT - 2162214990048874764

Offline Graviton

• Administrator
  • Senior Nxter
  • Dominus Cryptonomicon
    • View Profile
    • DGEX
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 09:33:11 PM »
Why isn't dgex.com run over https instead of plain http? And this forum too, both for security and for privacy.
No time yet to have arranged these. While forced to prioritize I consider the risk caused by lack of SSL less critical than getting the game on the table properly first...

Offline opticalc

• Global Moderator
  • Established Nxter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
Dear Gliss,

If you could add our 2nd Generation Cryptocurrency - NXT - to www.coinmarketcap.com that would be greatly appreciated. nextcoin.org

NXT has a cap of 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) coins which will not change in the future. All 1 billion coins are in circulation - they have been distributed to initial investors and are being further distributed on the following exchange - www.dgex.com. (So you shouldn't need to access a NXT blockchain explorer to determine the number of coins in circulation).

You can get the last trade data from the following location - www.dgex.com/ticker.cgi

I hope this is sufficient information to include us.

And thank you, you are providing a fantastic service.
[/quote]

Nicely done.  Though with the shennanigans going on with the manipulations on the exchange we could be in for a bumpy ride for a bit.  IMO that should iron itself out when it becomes more automated and higher volume hits it